Stephen I. Baer
- Born and raised in Phoenixville.
- Represent clients in the practice areas of Criminal Defense, Estate Planning, Wills & Trusts, Estate Administration & Probate, Mediation and Family Law.
- Award winning attorney, “Expertise- Best Criminal Defense Lawyers in Reading- 2021”, “Main Line Today- TOP LAWYER-2019”.
- Designated an “Advanced Practitioner” Member of the Association of Conflict Resolution.
- I am committed to providing compassionate, zealous, and outstanding representation to my clients and care deeply about our community.
“Stephen’s attitude and his years as an experienced attorney helped give me confidence as I walked my husband and daughter through unfamiliar territory. I knew my family was in good hands with Stephen as our attorney.” Alice B.
“Stephen is calm, cool and collected and gets the job done.” David Megay
Education & Credentials:
- Temple University Beasley School of Law, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- D. – 1978
- University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- A. – 1974
- Honors: magna cum laude
- Bar Admissions
- Pennsylvania, 1978
- Eastern District of PA, 1981
- U.S. Supreme Court, 1984
- Pennsylvania Bar Association, Member – Current
- Pennsylvania Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, Member – Current
- Pennsylvania Council of Mediators, Member – Current
- Doris Jonas Freed Family Law Inn of Court, Member – 1992-1998
- Pro-Bono Award, Chester County Bar Association – 2007
- Access to Justice Award, Chester County Bar Association – 2015
- Chairman of the Criminal Defense Section of the Chester County Bar Association- 2015-2010
- Board of Directors, New Century Bank, Member – 1992-2002
- Board of Directors, Chester County Bar Association – 1986-1996
- Solicitor for the Borough of Spring City – 1983-1996
- President of the Phoenixville Senior Adult Activity Center – 1982, 1983 and 1986
- Chairman of the Judicial Evaluation Committee, Chester County Bar – 1986-1988