John A. Koury, Jr.
Although born in Pottsville, Pennsylvania, Mr. Koury was raised in Pottstown, Montgomery and Chester Counties, where he attended Pottstown Schools and graduated from The Hill School, Pottstown, PA, with the class of 1961.
Mr. Koury focuses his legal practice in the areas of Estate Administration and Probate, Estate Planning, Real Estate, Land Use, Municipal Law and Corporate Law.
Mr. Koury is also a Title agent licensed by the Pennsylvania Insurance Department, and regularly conducts commercial and residential real estate closings for clients.
“As usual, this shows that you are right on top of everything to insure that all interests are well protected and that the surrounding community will benefit from transforming an abandoned and run down facility to one from which all will benefit. Thank you and your support staff for all of your hard work.” – W.M.
“His wealth of experience, community contacts, and dogged determination to get the job done.” – Dave Megay
Quote I live by:
“Whatsoever things are true.”
Education & Credentials:
- Duquesne University School of Law, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- J.D. – 1968
- University of Pittsburgh
- B.S. – 1965
- The Hill School
- Bar Admissions
- Pennsylvania, 1969
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Pennsylvania, 1969
Licenses and Certifications:
Title Agent Licensed by the Pennsylvania Insurance Department
- Schuylkill River Greenway Association, Board Member, Past President
- Montgomery Bar Association, Past Board Member
- Frequent Lecturer: Land Use and Wills and Estates
- Montgomery County Community College Foundation, Board Member
- Upper Providence Township Zoning Hearing Board, Current Solicitor
- Pottstown Area Industrial Development Corp, Past President, Past Board Member and Past Solicitor
- National Penn Investors Trust Company, Past Board Member
- East Coventry Township, Borough of Elverson and Warwick Township, Chester County, Pennsylvania, Past Solicitor
- Borough of Pottstown, Montgomery County, Pennsylvania, Past Solicitor
- Various Non-Profit Entities
- Various Commercial Banks and Lenders, Past Solicitor