Joseph K. Koury
- Co-Chair of OWM Law’s Business Law Practice Group.
- Former Delaware Judicial Law Clerk.
- Highly-qualified corporate attorney with 20+ years of experience in corporate, tax and real estate law.
- Advises a broad spectrum of corporate clients and businesses in a variety of matters, including:
- Mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, affiliations and tax structures, and he possesses experience in commercial litigation.
- Described as extremely responsive, with excellent communication skills, and enjoys working as part of a team.
- Assists both business and non-profit (tax exempt) organizations with a wide variety of:
- operational issues and compliance with federal, state and local regulatory requirements, including, but not limited to, federal income tax exemption and state sales tax exemption.
- Reviews and negotiates assorted real estate documents ranging from purchase and sale agreements and simple real estate leases to more complex commercial leases and commercial purchase and sale agreements.
- Title agent licensed by the Pennsylvania Insurance Department, who regularly conducts commercial and residential real estate closings for clients.
“Everything went smooth. I’d like to thank you all for your assistance and efforts in getting this deal done. I appreciate it!” -Bryan L.
“Clients benefit from his low drama and erudite approach to legal issues.”- Dave Megay
Quote I live by:
“Ain’t wastin’ time no more, ’cause time goes by like hurricanes, and faster things…” -Gregg Allman
Education & Credentials:
- Villanova University School of Law, Villanova, Pennsylvania
- LL.M., Taxation
- Widener University School of Law, Wilmington, Delaware
- Dickinson College
- Major: English
- Bar Admission
- Pennsylvania, 2002
Licenses and Certifications:
Title Agent Licensed by the Pennsylvania Insurance Department
Montgomery Bar Association
- Member, Phoenixville Library Board of Trustees
- Solicitor, TriCounty Area Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors
- 2010 Graduate, Leadership Tri-County Program of the Tri-County Area Chamber of Commerce Foundation, Inc.