Thomas P. McCabe
With over sixteen years of litigation experience, including over twelve years as a civil litigator, and over fifteen years as a criminal defense practitioner, I bring exceptional experience of a seasoned trial lawyer well-versed in jury trials and bench trials, and advocating for my clients.
As a former Assistant Public Defender, I have the practical, hands-on courtroom experience to provide well-reasoned advocacy for your legal needs.
As a civil litigator I can provide representation for your landlord/tenant, breach of contract, simple torts, and commercial litigation needs.
My practice also includes estate administration (probate) and estate planning, including simple Wills, Powers of Attorney, Living Wills/Advanced Healthcare Directives, and guardianship matters. I also handle zoning and municipal law, appellate and juvenile delinquency matters.
“He approaches his litigation matters fearlessly, yet never losing touch with the most important duty of an attorney (i.e. working for the best interest of the client).”- Dave Megay
Education & Credentials:
- Villanova University School of Law, Villanova, Pennsylvania
- J.D. – 2006
- Fordham University
- B.A. – 2003
- Honors: cum laude
- Honors: in cursu honorum – Honors Program
- Major: American Studies
- Bar Admissions
- Pennsylvania, 2006
- Chair, Criminal Defense Section of the Chester County Bar Association
- Co-Chair of the Civil Litigation Section of the Chester County Bar Association
- Conflict Counsel for Chester County, PA, 2011 to Present
- Member, Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Member, Chester County Bar Association
- Member, Pennsylvania Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers (PACDL)
- Former Solicitor for the Zoning Hearing Board for Elk Township, Pennsylvania
Speaking Engagements and Seminars:
- Attorneys David Megay and Thomas McCabe discuss Healthcare Powers of Attorney with Tower Health healthcare providers November 17, 2021.
- Southern Chester County Chamber of Commerce, Member
- Former Assistant Solicitor for the Chester County Democratic Committee (CCDC)
- TriCounty Active Adult Center – Member of the Board of Directors
- Coatesville Area Branch of NAACP, Member