Michael B. Murray, Jr.
- Over 25 years representing developers, land owners, telecommunications companies and other applicants in every phase of obtaining project approvals from Municipal, County, State and Federal agencies.
- Served as a solicitor for municipalities, municipal authorities and zoning hearing boards.
- My public sector expertise developed strong relationships with elected and appointed officials, and brings a practical approach to cut through “red tape” and think “outside the box” to solve complicated issues to obtain project approvals.
“His relationships with municipality leaders and solicitors, and practical approach to projects, provide great value to the client.”- Dave Megay
Quote I live by:
“It is not how hard you can hit but how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward, that is how winning is done.” Rocky Balboa
Education & Credentials:
- Villanova University School of Law, Villanova, Pennsylvania
- J.D. – 1996
- Villanova University, Villanova, Pennsylvania
- B.S. – 1993
- Major: Accounting
- Bar Admissions
- Pennsylvania, 1996
- New Jersey, 1997
Licenses and Certifications:
Title Agent Licensed by the Pennsylvania Insurance Department
- Over Twenty-five years of diverse business law experience, including Real Estate, Municipal Law, Contracts and Project Management, with emphasis in Zoning and Land Use matters.
- Land Use litigation before Pennsylvania agencies and courts.
- Development of shopping centers, office and industrial buildings, retail stores, restaurants, mixed-use developments and hospitals.
- Development of every form of residential subdivision from single family, town house, multi-family, apartment and mixed-use developments.
- Represented telecommunication and tower companies in PA and New Jersey to obtain municipal zoning approvals for tower and antenna sites throughout South Eastern Pennsylvania and New Jersey.
- Handled complex issues such as development of major power centers that cross municipal boundaries requiring the coordination of multiple developers, municipalities, state and federal agencies to complete the project and to bring infrastructure improvements to a project area from outside the municipality of development.
- Represented property owners seeking relief from excessive property valuations, exemption from real estate tax and application for preferential assessment, before the Boards of Assessment Appeals for Chester, Montgomery, Delaware, Bucks and Berks counties.
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Montgomery County Bar Association
- Chester County Bar Association
- Board of Directors, Phoenixville Regional Chamber of Commerce
- Board of Directors, (PAEDCO) Phoenixville Area Economic Development Co.
- Co-Sponsor of numerous fundraising activities for AI DuPont Children’s Hospital
- The International Council of Shopping Centers
- The Chester County Chamber of Business and Industry
- The Home Builders Associations of Bucks/Montgomery and Chester/Delaware Counties
- Board of Directors/Coach – Coventry Little League